“Working with Spreadsheets”- A Beginners’ to Intermediate Guide
This is a 2-day training course structured into 5 modules, with access to online training materials.
Date of Training
29-30 March 2018
The course is intended users with a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel who want to take their knowledge of the basic features further and who want to become productive in the shortest possible time. Delegates should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the Excel basics.
Limited Slots for only 16 participants.
It is entirely ‘hands on’, so those attending will get practice in creating and modifying actual spreadsheets.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create basic worksheets using Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Modify the appearance of data within a worksheet.
- Manage Excel workbooks.
- Print the content of an Excel worksheet.
- Learn how to use handy features.
MODULE 1: Microsoft Excel Basics
Identify and Use Cells, Columns, Rows, Workbooks to enter and manage data.
- Excel Ribbon
- Basic Excel Features
- Editing Tools
MODULE 2: Editing your Workbook
Understanding formatting features and enhancing a workbook’s overall appearance and using Conditional Formatting.
- Cell Formatting
- Enhancing a Worksheet’s Appearance
MODULE 3: Printing and Viewing your Workbook
Exploring Excel’s printing and viewing options enhancing your ability to print and work with your data effectively.
- Printing your Workbook
- Print Page Layout options
MODULE 4: Working with Charts in Excel
Introducing charts within Excel and explain how to create basic charts to help convey your data with.
- Using Recommended and Standard Charts
- Chart Elements
- Chart Tools – Design & Format
MODULE 5: Working with Functions and Formulas
Some key formulas and functions essential to Excel users along with features to help manage formulas, functions and ranges.
- Commonly used formulas (SUM & AVERAGE, COUNT, NOW, etc)
- Pivot Tables